What exactly are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive, mobile phone or other device.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, some of the services and features offered through websites may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Cookies can be first-party or third-party cookies:
- First party cookies – cookies that the website you are visiting or link you are clicking places on your computer.
- Third party cookies – cookies placed on your computer through the website but by third parties, such as, Google.
The cookies placed on our website
We use the following cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. They are deleted when you close the browser. These are first party cookies.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use our website. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it and the approximate regions that they are visiting from. These are first party cookies.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. These are first party cookies.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – These cookies allow us and our advertisers to deliver information that is more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited our website and may help us in compiling your profile. These are persistent cookies which will be kept on your device until their expiration or earlier manual deletion.
- Social Media cookies – These cookies allow you to connect with social media networks. These are persistent cookies which will be kept on your device until their expiration or earlier manual deletion. These are third party cookies.
- IP Tracking cookies – we may use third parties to provide information about visitors to our websites. When you visit our website we will record your IP address. This address will be matched against public and proprietary IP address databases to provide us with information about your visit. This information may identify the organisation to whom the IP address is registered but not individuals. In some limited cases i.e. single person companies, it may be possible to identify personal data from publicly available ICANN data. These are third party cookies.
- Post-Click Tracking Cookies – These cookies are used to report on the pages of www.dkkpartners.com that have been viewed by visitors to the site who have followed links placed within email correspondence. This analysis helps us to analyse engagement with content that is viewed by the contacts in our database and therefore allows us to improve it in the future. Since these cookies are paired to individual email addresses, it will be possible for us to identify the activities of the individual who the email address is registered to. These are third party cookies.
We may combine information from these types of cookies and technologies with information about you from any other source.
Cookie consent and opting out
In order to opt out of IP Tracking cookies, Post-Click Tracking Cookies, User journey tracking cookies or Document Tracking Cookies you will need to email to [email protected]
If you, or another user of your device, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you can do so by altering your browser settings otherwise we will assume that you are happy to receive cookies from our website. For more information please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/.